You have authenticated with a different SQRL ID than the one associated with this account.

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

I created my GRC Forum account when I had an Android phone with a SQRL ID. Now I switched to an iPhone and get the error message above. I gather the change must be made in "the app" but the old phone is formatted and used by my wife now. So how does one associate a SQRL ID if you have a new SQRL app?

If SQRL is to replace passwords we'll need to have these scenarios worked through. I got access to my account again by using the "forgot" password option via e-mail.

Seems though although I have my recovery key safely written down, I don't have my SQRL ID of the Android app. I had a look through the documentation and it only mentions have the ID, a password and the recovery code. Anyone know how I could retrieve my original SQRL ID at all? I tried the QR code that pops up in the profile on this forum but that seems to be a URL link and not the actual SQRL ID. This is the only site I have associated it with.

Dave

Dave Jenkins, N1MXV
Sep 16, 2020
Gardner, MA (USA)
Seems though although I have my recovery key safely written down, I don't have my SQRL ID of the Android app. I had a look through the documentation and it only mentions have the ID, a password and the recovery code. Anyone know how I could retrieve my original SQRL ID at all? I tried the QR code that pops up in the profile on this forum but that seems to be a URL link and not the actual SQRL ID. This is the only site I have associated it with.
Unfortunately, you do need both of them. At the time you created your SQRL Identity, you would have been instructed to print or otherwise retain both of them and strongly encouraged to store them separately. Is it possible that you do have the Identity saved somewhere else?

Does not look like it but I'll keep looking. Have checked my Google photos, password manager, documents, and downloads folders. Odd thing is I specifically made the note of my recovery code. OK well thanks for advising, and if I really can't find it seems I'll have to create a new profile on the Forums as I also cannot disassociate the old SQRL ID from this profile.