What's new changes?

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

MacNala

Sep 18, 2020
Is it my memory or has the 'What;s new' function changed to show not updated posts?
I was accustomed to clicking on 'What's new' and if nothing was displayed moving on or if a new post has been made viewing it. Now it seems to me that if there is just one 'new' posting it shows other postings which haven't been updated since your last visit.

If this is a change to the functions of the forum I think it is a retrograde step.

MacNala

Sep 18, 2020
To be honest I do not know what you are referring to, Filters on the RHS.
I am referring to the response to clicking the What's new on the top bar.

Sep 17, 2020
London UK
To be honest I do not know what you are referring to, Filters on the RHS.
filters.jpg

AlanD

Sep 18, 2020
Rutland UK
It is working for me. As long as I am logged in, clicking on What's New brings up a list of posts which have been updated since my last visit. Sometimes, it does start by showing the whole topic, but then usually slides down to any new posts. You also need to remember to "Mark posts as read" when you finish.

MacNala

Sep 18, 2020
I think perhaps I am imagining things. It is working as I thought it did but I had never seen the additional postings - not updated since my last visit - before. As far as I know just displaying the new postings is enough to set the posts as read. My usual practice was to click What's new, click on the first new post; read and if not really interested click on What's new again which shows the unread new posts. Repeat until no new posts are shown. Then I would check the SQRL forum in the same manner. Eventually returning to the Public forums and if nothing else had turned up close the webpage.