Vitamin D supplier in UK?

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

airchie

Nov 9, 2020
Hi guys,

As the topic suggests, I'd like to find a good supplier of Vitamin D in the UK.
I previously ordered some "capsules" and they weren't an oil suspension as I expected.
So I'd like to know what any of my fellow UK people use?

Perhaps we can make this into a useful list for all geographical locations if people provide links for their suppliers?
If so, I can correlate them all into the first post and edit the title?

Thanks in advance

Philip

Incorrigible Inquisitor
Sep 28, 2020
UK
Anything wrong with the Boots High Stength? I've been taking them for the last year.

Lumbis

Sep 29, 2020
Hi guys,

As the topic suggests, I'd like to find a good supplier of Vitamin D in the UK.
I previously ordered some "capsules" and they weren't an oil suspension as I expected.
So I'd like to know what any of my fellow UK people use?

Perhaps we can make this into a useful list for all geographical locations if people provide links for their suppliers?
If so, I can correlate them all into the first post and edit the title?

Thanks in advance
I bought from https://oxfordvitality.co.uk/products/vitamin-d3-tablets?variant=34728491221158

They seem to have good quality.

Reactions: airchie

airchie

Nov 9, 2020
Thanks guys.
Reason I was asking was I remember Steve mentioning that Vit D3 is fat-soluble.
And I think Leo mentioned that the ones he takes are "little drops of gold", so the D3 is in an oil solution inside a capsule.
I just figured these might be easier for the body to absorb, though I probably have enough fat in my diet to compensate anyway. :D

renWeb

Feb 19, 2021
Hi Airchie. I got mine via eBay from chia4uk who are 'up North' in Newcastle - I supplied my whole extended-family. You can't get anything over 1000IU from high street places like Boots in the UK without a prescription ( I wonder why that might be :-/ ) . Been taking them over a year now with 1000mg Vit C + Zinc effervescent from Boots / supermarket, to wash them down.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184463838034

Anyway, recently, I've discovered (via Dr Been on GooTube) that one should make sure you are sufficient in Vit K when taking such doses of Vit D to prevent calcification - so have supplied everyone with tablets from Mobo - It seems you can get Vit D3 5000IU and Vit K2 MK-7 1000mcg combined tablets but haven't found any in soft-gels yet?

Best wishes from sunny Somerset! :)

Sep 17, 2020
London UK
iherb.com
Thanks guys.
Reason I was asking was I remember Steve mentioning that Vit D3 is fat-soluble.
And I think Leo mentioned that the ones he takes are "little drops of gold", so the D3 is in an oil solution inside a capsule.
I just figured these might be easier for the body to absorb, though I probably have enough fat in my diet to compensate anyway.
I remember answering your same question some time ago, and suggested you tried iherb.com. Did you try, in this day of the internet there is no need to find a local supplier, you still have to pay shipping! (Now, High Potency Vit D-3 5000 IU 240 softgels)

renWeb

Feb 19, 2021
iherb.com

I remember answering your same question some time ago, and suggested you tried iherb.com. Did you try, in this day of the internet there is no need to find a local supplier, you still have to pay shipping! (Now, High Potency Vit D-3 5000 IU 240 softgels)
This iherb.com site is giving me intermittent screen black-outs on Firefox - to the point when it is un-usable?
It seems to be another US-based multi-national company so....
I think I'll stick to the UK guys up country - and they don't charge any extra for P+P :-/

Sep 17, 2020
London UK
intermittent screen black-outs on Firefox/and they don't charge any extra for P+P :-/
Works fine on chrome! I have found that local suppliers of the product are often more expensive, with free P&P , so when you add it all up there is not that difference!