This logon page has expired

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

James C

Jul 27, 2021
Installed SQRL, created identity, confirmed browser config, also added the Firefox extension and successfully imported my identity. No matter what I do, when I try to use my SQRL identity with forums.grc.com, I get a windows saying "This logon page has expired". Any suggestions? I ended up creating an account the old-fashion way, but even when I try to connect my identity, I get the same window.

Logon page expired.png

Thanks,
James C

DanR

Dan
Sep 17, 2020
Installed SQRL, created identity, confirmed browser config, also added the Firefox extension
Therein lies the problem!

The SQRL extension and the GRC SQRL client are alternatives.

You would use one or the other, but not both.

With both running, they are butting heads; hence the error message.

I use just the GRC client; it works very well.

PHolder

Sep 16, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Installed SQRL, created identity, confirmed browser config, also added the Firefox extension
Here's your likely problem. You can only have one or the other. If by install SQRL you mean Steve's SQRL client, that is all you need on your PC, no point using any browser extension, and it will cause conflicts like this.

James C

Jul 27, 2021
Thanks, DanR and PHolder, for the prompt suggestions. This is a reasonable conclusion based on my incomplete description. What I left out is that the reason I bothered installing the Firefox extension was because I was seeing this issue right out of the gate after installing the Windows SQRL application. I have now uninstalled the Firefox extension and completely cleared Firefox history and cookies, but I continue to see the "This logon page has expired" issue.

As a side note, I would suggest that it should be possible to have multiple SQRL apps installed concurrently, with the resolution of which app to use determined by precedence. For example, a broswer extenstion could have greater precedence than the app, unless the user specifies otherwise.

I will continue to experiment with this issue of "This logon page has expired". Can anyone recommend another site that supports SQRL login that I can use as a test case?

PHolder

Sep 16, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Can anyone recommend another site that supports SQRL login that I can use as a test case?
Well you should probably actually be discussing this issue on the SQRL forums. You can get a link along the top bar up top (Forums, What's New, Steve's Blog, Members, SQRL Forums). Search there for this topic, I feel like it's been mentioned before, but I don't recall the reason for it off the top of my head.

DanR

Dan
Sep 17, 2020
What I left out is that the reason I bothered installing the Firefox extension was because I was seeing this issue right out of the gate after installing the Windows SQRL application. I have now uninstalled the Firefox extension and completely cleared Firefox history and cookies, but I continue to see the "This logon page has expired" issue.
You could uninstall the SQRL client app and try the extension again.
Can anyone recommend another site that supports SQRL login that I can use as a test case?
As Pholder said, the GRC SQRL forums:

The answer is very likely somewhere in there. :)