Spinrite support for eMMC drives

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

EagleTalon

Dec 21, 2021
I ran Readspeed on my economy Lenovo Ideapad laptop and got the following message “Speedread didn’t find any ATA or SATA hard drives with IDE or AHCI controllers.”
It turns out that my laptop has a eMMC drive. So I checked with the Spinrite Development Roadmap and eMMC is not mentioned at all. The drive storage is soldered to the system board and is not replaceable so having the capability repair it via software can save the computer. Maybe it can be included in v7.3.

DanR

Dan
Sep 17, 2020
So I checked with the Spinrite Development Roadmap and eMMC is not mentioned at all. The drive storage is soldered to the system board and is not replaceable so having the capability repair it via software can save the computer. Maybe it can be included in v7.3.
I agree. While I am sure Steve would love to dive into something like this, it would take him away from SpinRite 6.1 development, which applies to a much wider "audience" than eMMC. Steve commented (a while back) about taking some time, after SR 7.2 is done, to look into various SpinRite enhancements. I would certainly think this could qualify as such.