Spinrite 6.1

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

PHolder

Sep 16, 2020
Ontario, Canada
2. @PHolder - Is my point 1 above completely incorrect? - Could SR "repairing" a HDD cause the data structure to break and harm the data?
Because, as I said, RAID is not a standard, then there is no standard way for me to answer your question. All I can say is that it *could* be possible that a repairing of the data *may* affect your RAID's stability. If it did, it would require a RAID configuration that had disabled the drive's own data error repair/remapping facility in favour of its own.

DanR

Dan
Sep 17, 2020
The SR demos are getting better with each release. The SR6 version (not released yet) looks to be even more impressive.

However: SpinRite 6.1's USB support will be only via the system BIOS. That is, SpinRite 6.1's USB support will be limited to what a system's BIOS can / cannot do.

You are one of the lucky few :) to have a system BIOS with decent USB support! The rest of us, however, will have to wait for SR 7.1 for USB support. :(

That said, SR 6.1 looks to have better USB support overall than SR 6.0 (with the aforementioned BIOS limitations) , but many/most of us will still be left wanting more. :(

I am embarrassed! :oops: Upon reading Steve’s response and my OP, I realized two things: First, had I posted my original post before I had finished writing it. Presumably I was distracted when writing it and then I posted in too much haste afterwards. The second result was that it ended up appearing critical of Steve’s effort.

My sincerest apology to Steve, as this was never ever my intention.

Herewith, then, is what I mindlessly failed to finish my OP with:

That “more” will be coming - in SpinRite 7.1 - but first Steve has much to do re SpinRite 6.1, etc. It will be worth the wait! :)