SN872: "Gibson Radius"

• Release Candidate 6
    Guest:
    We are at a “proposed final” true release candidate with nothing known remaining to be changed or fixed. For the full story, please see this page in the "Pre-Release Announcements & Feedback" forum.
    /Steve.
  • Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

BobVA

Oct 1, 2020
I propose that the General Conference on Weights and Measures establish the "Gibson Radius" (the high fidelity simulation boundary, currently estimated at 23.3 billion kilometers) as a constant. Sort of a bookend to the Planck Length :)

Bob

PS I'll settle for it being added to the Star Trek canon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SeanBZA
You know, in just over 2 years, we will have another one of those edge cases, when the series Steve though was "just going to be a few episodes", will suffer an epock failure, and will run out of available unique number space in the naming convention. Then Steve will either have to change to a 4 digit system, or switch to hexadecimal notation for the episodes, depending on just how he is set up on the back end.

Perhaps 4 digits, or is it every byte is sacred.....

I propose that the General Conference on Weights and Measures establish the "Gibson Radius" (the high fidelity simulation boundary, currently estimated at 23.3 billion kilometers) as a constant. Sort of a bookend to the Planck Length :)

Bob

PS I'll settle for it being added to the Star Trek canon.
The problem is that "other" Gibson (the sci-fi author). How to differentiate the tribute?