Renaming the Security Now podcast

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

wgk

Dec 3, 2020
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Leo and Steve have joked about renaming the SN podcast to "We are all doomed" or something Similar. How about "Everything is broken". There is already a catchy Dylan song that could be used as a theme.
I like the blues versions of the song best. If you are musically inclined you should be able to replace all the Dylan broken items with broken IT/Security ones, but you would probably have to make the song a lot longer. :giggle:

Lob

What could possibly go wrong?
Nov 7, 2020
it made me think of this from Team America: World Police :D

Reactions: galliaj

a viewer

Sep 30, 2020
that would get around the 3 digit dilema. Start a whole new podcast. If they are sweet on the name Security Now again?

SeanBZA

Oct 1, 2020
Simple enough, when you reach 999 you have the next be A00, and count up on hex to FFF. When that is done easy enough to have the next be 0001, which will be both sequential, and also not confused with 3 digit numbers.

• Haha
Reactions: eroc1990

danlock

Sep 30, 2020
USA
Why stop at base 16? That'll only get you to FFF, then an ultimate FFFF, and the one after FFF would be the first four-digit episode, 0000, anyway. Still, FFF is 4095 in decimal and would suffice for the foreseeable future.

But I talked about that months ago. I proposed some things back then. Remember that the final line in my linked post is a joke (regarding octal and lower bases)!

Last edited:

Richard1

Oct 8, 2020
New podcast names based on 14 years of experience:
  • Insecurity Now
  • Security Never
  • Security Whatever
  • Close But No Security

Reactions: CSPea