Pending ReadSpeed Problem? - BIOS Access

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

AnonAnon

Jan 1, 2021
Hello,
I previously reported ReadSpeed results. Since then I've noticed a problem accessing BIOS or Windows Boot Menu in the usual ways. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330s-15ARR SN PF1XB28E. The usual ways are via <F2>, <F12>, or the Novo Button, (kind of a reset button, but can be used from a shutdown state only.) After ReadSpeed the Novo Button menu selections for BIS or Windows Boot will perform a normal startup instead. The <F> keys mentioned now do nothing. Coincidence? I don't know. I have been in touch with both Windows Support and Lenovo Support with no resolution. Any ideas?

AlanD

Sep 18, 2020
Rutland UK
Have you tried a hard restart, i.e. complete power-down and restart rather than the usual Win 10 hibernate. You could even try disconnecting the power, removing the battery, and then hold down the on/off switch for about 30 seconds to drain any residual charge.

Upvote 0