Pending Readspeed does not detect M.2 disks

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

mtanenba

Sep 16, 2021
I assume this is by design but I would really like to see how fast my M.2 disks are.

Is there a reason that it does not detect them?

Thanks

mtanenba

Sep 16, 2021
Thanks for that; this is great. I don't see readspeed anywhere on that timeline, but I also assume that spinright needs to work on M.2 disks, so I am guessing it will need to be worked in there somewhere.

Mostly I wanted to make sure that I wasn't being stupid and missing something obvious and that it does work now. :)

AlanD

Sep 18, 2020
Rutland UK
ReadSpeed is a spin-off from the SpinRite development. It was a testbed for much of the new technology/coding, and became a useful product in it's own right. It was not planned as such, it just happened!

Steve

(as in GRC)
Staff member
Feb 1, 2019
Southern CA, USA
www.grc.com
I assume this is by design but I would really like to see how fast my M.2 disks are.

Is there a reason that it does not detect them?

Thanks
Your M.2 will likely be workable, though not wonderfully, under SpinRite thanks to its BIOS support. But that M.2 is almost certainly using an NVMe controller, which SpinRite won't be able to address until it's moved over to UEFI and its new operating system home. :)

Reactions: Barry Wallis