Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:
This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!
Larger Font Styles
Just a quick heads-up that I've implemented larger font variants of our forum's light and dark page styles. You can select the style of your choice by scrolling to the footer of any page here. This might be more comfortable (it is for me) for those with high-resolution displays where the standard fonts, while permitting a lot of text to fit on the screen, might be uncomfortably small.
(You can permanently dismiss this notification with the “X” at the upper right.)
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly. You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
I have a strange little mSATA drive (32 GB Emphase G5RM3G032-M) I bought from eBay that seems to have some problems. The problems are severe enough that it occasionally freaks out ReadSpeed. I finally got a capture card, and the first run I captured with it couldn't have been better. The previous runs where I noticed this problem were much more subtle. The resetting begins at the 50% test.
The resetting usually takes place at 0%, and also ends up being around 155 MB/s. This drive is very inconsistent. I did the sub-block tests on it, but didn't include it in that post because the results fluctuated too much.
It's a SATA drive, so 6.0 would definitely work on it. It's a drive I bought just for testing, so it doesn't have any data on it. I figure a known bad drive is a better test for 6.1 than a known good drive.
Agreed! Plus, 6.1 would be quite a bit faster than 6.0. It's an excellent candidate for 6.1.
Gang: Finally dropped by here to catch up. (Checking in on “ReadSpeed Problems” is my "go to".)
What's happening is that ReadSpeed is encountering a hard error (unreadable sector) from the drive. So it aborts the transfer, moves 1GB inward (or outward if testing the 100% point), resets the bar graph and tries again. In other words, on a sufficiently troubled drive, this behavior is expected and I designed for it.