Ping Software

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

RamblingGeek

Sep 25, 2020
Does anyone know the name of the software that Steve uses to monitor his data centre? I think it send's constant pings and reports when they don't reply... I think it was Windows based.

Thanks in advance.

EdwinG

Sep 24, 2020
There are many different solutions that do this (and more). The first open source ones that come to mind: Nagios, Icinga, Shinken and Zabbix.

Reactions: RamblingGeek

rfrazier

Sep 30, 2020
I dredged up the word SmokePing from deep in my memory. But, I don't remember whether I heard about it on SN or found it myself. Anyway, thought I'd pass it along in case it's useful. I haven't tried it though.

I dug up the address for Ping Plotter. At least in the past, they did have a free version. I haven't checked lately.

Ron

Last edited:
Reactions: RamblingGeek