My Results

• Release Candidate 6
    Guest:
    We are at a “proposed final” true release candidate with nothing known remaining to be changed or fixed. For the full story, please see this page in the "Pre-Release Announcements & Feedback" forum.
    /Steve.
  • Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

DarkMatter

Oct 7, 2020
The drives from my Dell 9020 core i7 with 32GB ram

Drive 82 the spinner is behaving as expected

Drive 2 is the OS boot drive which is a Silicon Power 3D NAND which I purchased in July but have only been really using it since early November. I have to say that I am a bit disappointed at the amount of performance that has been lost on the Front of the drive already.
Code:
Driv Size  Drive Identity     Location:    0      25%     50%     75%     100
---- ----- ---------------------------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
82  500GB ST500DM002-1BD142             137.9   127.4   114.9    96.6    69.4
 2  512GB SPCC Solid State Disk         435.4   520.2   543.4   543.4   543.4

Benchmarked: Monday, 2021-01-04 at 09:39

Hi, thanks for posting your results!

Yes, that is quite the drop off! A couple of months' use, you say? That does seem disappointing! I'm not familiar with Silicon Power, I guess it's a less well known brand?

Do you think it might have lower quality memory chips than, say, the Samsungs etc? (No offence intended!) :)

How full is the drive? What's percentage used vs not? May be the 'TRIM effect'; as data was never written to certain regions, pages are in erased state and drive does not even read them, just reports zeros right away.