Looking for an old series

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.
  • Larger Font Styles
    Guest:

Just a quick heads-up that I've implemented larger font variants of our forum's light and dark page styles. You can select the style of your choice by scrolling to the footer of any page here. This might be more comfortable (it is for me) for those with high-resolution displays where the standard fonts, while permitting a lot of text to fit on the screen, might be uncomfortably small.

(You can permanently dismiss this notification with the “X” at the upper right.)

/Steve.

johnpfaff

Jan 26, 2021
If anyone can help me, it's this group.

I'm trying to track down a TV series from when I was younger, late 60's to early 70's. I live in the US but we were close enough to Canada that we got CHCH 11 out of Hamilton, Ontario. The show was produced by either CBC or BBC, maybe ITV (producers of Space: 1999).

I was around ten years old, so the details are a little sketchy, but here's what I remember. The premise of the series was that something had happened to Earth that forced humanity to launch an 'ark' into space. it was a large ship with several sections. Each episode, the main characters would enter a new section and solve some problem with the ship itself or something with the people inhabiting this section. Each section has its own culture and maybe represented a different time period on Earth. None of the inhabitants of the ship realize they are on a spaceship, with the exception of the main characters. Occasionally they would come across some of the spaceships personnel (they obviously know they're on a spaceship).

Tazz

Not my real name.
Sep 18, 2020
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reactions: Mainframe

johnpfaff

Jan 26, 2021
Thanks, Tazz, I'll bet that's it.
I see Amazon has it on DVD - I know what I want for my birthday.