How should I improve my BT Broadband Fibre connection speeds (UK)

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

AlanD

Sep 18, 2020
Rutland UK
Your speeds are definitely lower than they should be. Report it to your ISP, and get them to sort it out. The first test you did quoted your "acceptable" range of speeds as 40-77, you are getting 3.4.

Adam-F

Sep 25, 2020
UK
Your speeds are definitely lower than they should be. Report it to your ISP, and get them to sort it out. The first test you did quoted your "acceptable" range of speeds as 40-77, you are getting 3.4.
I will contract BT ASAP. Thanks for the help it's much appreciated.

Sep 17, 2020
London UK
I will contract BT ASAP. Thanks for the help it's much appreciated.
I had the same problem, turned out to be "amateur" extensions to the wiring to add extra sockets. The broadband signal was split 3 ways from the master socket. Disconnect all extensions from the master socket & retest.

Last edited:

AlanD

Sep 18, 2020
Rutland UK
That shouldn't be the problem here as he has tested from the Test socket. That should disconnect any extension wiring if it was installed correctly.