Greetings to All 🙂

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

Simon Zerafa

Sep 18, 2020
Hi Steve and the Gang!

Just the usual "Hello World" first post and to report that I've finally been able to register using a user name and password as from around 15:00h BST today.

Kind Regards

Simon Zerafa

Reactions: Santiago

PHolder

Sep 16, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Hello Simon. I saw your message on the newsgroup and I was curious what was preventing your registration here. Presumably it wasn't anything too challenging, so welcome aboard.

Simon Zerafa

Sep 18, 2020
Hi Guys,

Not sure what was going on to be honest. I did get a "Security Error" message at one point but I just didnt recieve the registration emails, nor did it indicate that they were being sent.

My conclusion was that the registration process simply wasn't working for me.

KInd Regards

Simon Zerafa

Steve

(as in GRC)
Staff member
Feb 1, 2019
Southern CA, USA
www.grc.com
As we know, all of this stuff has a TON of inertia, and by the time I was done I just didn't have any steam left to go around pushing it. There's no way that those whose job is to know about authentication don't already know about it.

Reactions: Barry Wallis

Jack Ouzzi

Retired Old Man - From the Mosel Valley in Germany
Sep 24, 2020
Hello all! 👋 I'm an old OLD time SpinRite user. Now residing in Germany, good to be here also. Thanks for the invitation Steve! :cool:

JayHarrison

Sep 24, 2020
Hi All! Long time listener of Steve, even before SN (with his guest appearences on TechTV). Quick question, with this forum, is there any good way to "subscribe" &/or get email notifications pushed out to me when there are new posts/threads? Thanks! Keep up the great work Steve!

Steve

(as in GRC)
Staff member
Feb 1, 2019
Southern CA, USA
www.grc.com
Quick question, with this forum, is there any good way to "subscribe" &/or get email notifications pushed out to me when there are new posts/threads?
Hi Jay! (And welcome, all!!) Yes... there's a "Watch" button at the top of the page. You can click it, then choose to receive eMail notifications for any threads and/or forums whose content you wish to "watch". Since I'm not a fan of "forum spam", I have turned these things OFF by default for new members. I may create a greeting eMail to explain that.