Forum Population

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

MPZ

Open to New Opportunities
So Steve announced his Forum Site today on Security Now!
Did anyone capture the Forums Membership Count beforehand.
I'm sure if you graphed it over time, there would be a major baby boom kink in the graph.
Well done Steve.

Reactions: Steve

Dave

Dave Jenkins, N1MXV
Sep 16, 2020
Gardner, MA (USA)
So Steve announced his Forum Site today on Security Now!
Did anyone capture the Forums Membership Count beforehand.
I'm sure if you graphed it over time, there would be a major baby boom kink in the graph.
Well done Steve.
The most recent member is #1920 and we have added 12 in the past 52 minutes.

Steve

(as in GRC)
Staff member
Feb 1, 2019
Southern CA, USA
www.grc.com
@Dave : This thing has mode bells and whistles than you can imagine. That's nice, in that it's flexible as hell. But it's also a LOT to weed through. Among many things, it includes a complete multi-item graphing system. Here's the relevant data from the time I first opened the forums to the GRC Newsgroups, then to those following my Blog, and finally yesterday's announcement:

1601494900256.png

Sep 17, 2020
London UK
@Dave : This thing has mode bells and whistles than you can imagine. That's nice, in that it's flexible as hell. But it's also a LOT to weed through. Among many things, it includes a complete multi-item graphing system. Here's the relevant data from the time I first opened the forums to the GRC Newsgroups, then to those following my Blog, and finally yesterday's announcement:

View attachment 19
That is really cool. When I joined on the 17th, the newest members box of 12, was not even full up! What was due to the big spike on the 17th?

Hacker_Pro

Oct 4, 2020
I'm new and was guided here by Steve's SN announcement.

(My username is ironic. Putting the truthful 'hacker_novice' doesn't sound as cool!)

Guy

Oct 4, 2020
Hooksett, NH
Oh, shoot. I just realized that I could have left your #24 acct around it Rasmus could have adjusted things. Shoot. Sorry!
... and thank you for saving my bacon a second time. I'm back in.

I hate to say it but these experiences make me wary of locking in to a SQRL-only (no recovery ... trust no-one) scenario.