Don Herbert-Mr Wizard

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

Eldergeek

May 5, 2022
Hello Steve: just wanted to mention you really do remind me of one of my '50s and 60's TV favorites, Don Herbert or Mr. Wizard as he is(was) better known. I am guessing you probably enjoyed his science experiments as well, way back in TV's infancy. (or maybe he predates your TV interaction. He was the reason why I built my own crystal radio back in the mid 50's. Enjoyed the Lone Ranger and other radio serials and programs. You and Leo are always so entertaining, and informative. You do an incredible service to fans and listeners. Thank You both for what you do. Keeping things fresh and topical is never an easy task! BTW, have been using the sleep supplements for several years, and the combinations DO work very well! Love you both! All the best to you and yours!
Tony Romeo

drwtsn32

Sep 19, 2020
I loved watching Mr Wizard videos on Nickelodeon in the 80s. I was about 12 at the time, I think.

drwtsn32

Sep 19, 2020
My Chem professor was Mr. Wizard's backup. He had some outstanding demonstrations.

I loved the chemistry clock reaction Mr Wizard demonstrated. As a 12 year old I could never figure out why I couldn't reproduce it with iodine and starch. After researching it more recently I realize it was more complex than that.

Duckpaddle

Oct 1, 2020
I loved the chemistry clock reaction Mr Wizard demonstrated. As a 12 year old I could never figure out why I couldn't reproduce it with iodine and starch. After researching it more recently I realize it was more complex than that.
Now that you mention it I remember that demonstration. It really wowed me!

Reactions: drwtsn32