Deconfiguration guides to factory reset routers/switches/access points, etc.

• Release Candidate 6
    Guest:
    We are at a “proposed final” true release candidate with nothing known remaining to be changed or fixed. For the full story, please see this page in the "Pre-Release Announcements & Feedback" forum.
    /Steve.
  • Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

Happenstrance

Sep 30, 2020
When changing ownership of networking devices, whether it be selling second hand/used, ITAD resulting from upgrades, seized assets or a deceased estate over the years for me tracking down the instructions to do factory resets on a variety of devices involves finding PDF manuals or help pages on company support sites, often where the company has been bought out and such documents expire/go missing over time. Hunting them down each time becomes time-consuming so I started looking for a database or site that gathers guides and instructions together.

So far I've found one at https://deconfiguration.glitch.me which seems decent without excess "framework" code. Has anybody found other gems of collected instruction guides out there?