Can't find InitDisk update info

• Release Candidate 6
    Guest:
    We are at a “proposed final” true release candidate with nothing known remaining to be changed or fixed. For the full story, please see this page in the "Pre-Release Announcements & Feedback" forum.
    /Steve.
  • Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.

vajiggle

specified; this will replace the title
Sep 19, 2020
2020's Hellscape
I've browsed/searched the newsgroup & here to find more info about
InitDisk, updates

I see in 'dev
12/10/2020 12:39 PM 410192 InitDisk-FIT-05.exe
12/12/2020 5:47 PM 410672 InitDisk-MBR.exe
12/12/2020 1:47 PM 410704 InitDisk-PMHR.exe
12/3/2020 6:52 PM 162864 InitDisk-r28.exe
12/12/2020 6:26 PM 410672 InitDisk-WFDTM.exe

Curious about their differences.

I see in 'dev
If you're not participating in the newsgroup you would be well advised to generally stay away from code in the dev folder. Steve is known to create special versions for specific people facing specific problems, and they may or may not be useful for anyone else. If you're not participating in the newsgroup, you should wait for him to signal something is ready for release by publishing it on its own page on his site, and by announcing it on the podcast and/or here.

EDIT:

(I'm catching up on the last 24 hrs of the newsgroup and I came across this message, as an example of what I was saying.)
Jason...

Does THIS release of InitDisk correctly run on your Win10
machine with the troublesome USB drive?

(PMHR stands for Prior Mount History Removal)

Last edited:
Reactions: GBark
I've browsed/searched the newsgroup & here to find more info about
InitDisk, updates
PHolder is correct. Those updates listed are developmental updates for NG members with specific problems. While not specifically for me, the WFTDM version did fix an issue with a problematic USB stick I was dealing with. And InitDisk became better. Testing currently in progress in the NG could result in further improvement.

Expect to see InitDisk 4.0 on GRC soon, as a result of improvements developed over the course of this weekend.

Reactions: Barry Wallis