Call for Opinions: Topics for “Conversation Forums”

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.
  • Larger Font Styles
    Guest:

Just a quick heads-up that I've implemented larger font variants of our forum's light and dark page styles. You can select the style of your choice by scrolling to the footer of any page here. This might be more comfortable (it is for me) for those with high-resolution displays where the standard fonts, while permitting a lot of text to fit on the screen, might be uncomfortably small.

(You can permanently dismiss this notification with the “X” at the upper right.)

/Steve.

Barry Wallis

Magician in Training
@danlock: You are correct and thanks. I was about to buy Neil Patrick Harris' Box One puzzle game but it is completely sold out. BTW, NPH was a two-term past president of the Academy of Magical Arts. Once the Magic Castle reopens I hope to run into him.
Update: In case anyone is interested it Box One is now available (via shipping only). I guess it wasn't quite ready on the web site yesterday. I expect my copy by Monday.

Barry Wallis

Magician in Training
Update: Box One was scheduled to arrive on Monday but by some twist of fate (the shipping location was 60 miles away from my house), it arrived today. When my wife joins me, I will open it up and start playing (I want to give her the choice of looking over my shoulder or playing on her own when I'm done).

danlock

Sep 30, 2020
Update: Box One was scheduled to arrive on Monday but by some twist of fate (the shipping location was 60 miles away from my house), it arrived today. When my wife joins me, I will open it up and start playing (I want to give her the choice of looking over my shoulder or playing on her own when I'm done).
Nifty! I'd like to hear more about Box One and your first experience playing it.

Reactions: Barry Wallis

Barry Wallis

Magician in Training
Watching the unboxing video that @PHolder posted earlier is the better than any explanantion I could provide. I am up to card 22 and only needed help once (it was a sports-related question, and I was born without the sports gene). I asked my Facebook friends for help and had the answer in literally one minute. So far it's fun. Be aware you can only play it through once, but it can be reset for someone else to play (I have a friend I will be giving it to when I'm done).

Reactions: danlock

danlock

Sep 30, 2020
One can trust Paul to have already answered the question one is about to ask. [probable source: forums.grc.com general rules list ]

Last edited:

rfrazier

Sep 30, 2020
Please announce any new forums that are added in 2 or 3 of the existing forums. That way, those of us who are watching those forums will get the announcement of the new ones. Ron