But, a Easy-to-Include(?) Feature(s) Request?

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.
  • Larger Font Styles
    Guest:

Just a quick heads-up that I've implemented larger font variants of our forum's light and dark page styles. You can select the style of your choice by scrolling to the footer of any page here. This might be more comfortable (it is for me) for those with high-resolution displays where the standard fonts, while permitting a lot of text to fit on the screen, might be uncomfortably small.

(You can permanently dismiss this notification with the “X” at the upper right.)

/Steve.

Ceyarrecks

Sep 29, 2020
Excuse me Please:
If I might ask for some "features" to be considered within SpinRite 6.1+ One being for learning, the other two more-so cosmetic.
One being, as sometimes I like just sitting and watching the screens, could all of the SpinRite Documentation be included so as to read within the SR session?
Also, considering the desire to stare at certain screens, could a Lock Current Screen checkbox be made available to prevent the "Screen Saver" from changing said screen?
And lastly, speaking of "Screen Saver" and the Raw Data snapshot window,.. how possible could it be that a WHOLE screen could be used to display said raw data? (kinda like a read-able matrix screen, but better ;))

Reactions: MatthewVGreene

ChipInNC

Sep 30, 2020
Raleigh, NC
I agree that a "a WHOLE screen" ... of raw data (Matrix style) would be awesome! It would also look great on advertising and behind you during your video podcasts!

Maybe have an option to tweak it to a green screen too if we wanted it? Just something to smile about...

Reactions: Ceyarrecks

Steve

(as in GRC)
Staff member
Feb 1, 2019
Southern CA, USA
www.grc.com
Also, considering the desire to stare at certain screens, could a Lock Current Screen checkbox be made available to prevent the "Screen Saver" from changing said screen?
SpinRite does have a bunch of lesser-known command-line options. And one of them is "noblank" to disable the screen blanker. You can obtain a list by typing “SpinRite /help” at the command line. My goal is to minimize big changes to the user-interface so that I can remain focused upon technology. But perhaps I'll be able to add another entire screen of settings, since there are things that people really want... like making SpinRite "shut up" and be completely silent. :)