Bookmarking a forum topic

• Be sure to checkout “Tips & Tricks”
    Dear Guest Visitor → Once you register and log-in:

This forum does not automatically send notices of new content. So if, for example, you would like to be notified by mail when Steve posts an update to his blog (or of any other specific activity anywhere else), you need to tell the system what to “Watch” for you. Please checkout the “Tips & Tricks” page for details about that... and other tips!

/Steve.
  • Larger Font Styles
    Guest:

Just a quick heads-up that I've implemented larger font variants of our forum's light and dark page styles. You can select the style of your choice by scrolling to the footer of any page here. This might be more comfortable (it is for me) for those with high-resolution displays where the standard fonts, while permitting a lot of text to fit on the screen, might be uncomfortably small.

(You can permanently dismiss this notification with the “X” at the upper right.)

/Steve.

TAC109

Sep 24, 2020
Can some helpful forum user please advise me how I can bookmark a forum topic. This is so I can refer back to my list of bookmarked topics later. I am accessing the forum from my iPad.
Cheers

DanR

Dan
Sep 17, 2020
In the upper right corner of any post, just to the left of the post #, there is a bookmark symbol. Just left click that symbol! :)

PHolder

Sep 16, 2020
Ontario, Canada
As @DanR said, but here's a pictorial reference:

PHolder2021Jan02XenforoBookmark.png

Then you can find your bookmarks on your account page (double click your avatar up on the right) or go here:
https://forums.grc.com/account/bookmarks

TAC109

Sep 24, 2020
Oh, yes, I see now! I am used to other forums where the complete thread is bookmarked.
Thanks

PHolder

Sep 16, 2020
Ontario, Canada
If you participate in a thread, the default action is to watch it. You can probably also manually watch it (or unwatch it for that matter). This is not a bookmark, but will send you a notification when something happens on the thread. Look for the option at the top. There may be other options there too, depending on the thread's config or if you have any special rights on the system for any reason.